Yum yum! Change things up! Put down the regular maple syrup we tend to reach for when we have pancakes and instead make a delicious blueberry sauce!
- Two cups of blueberries fresh or frozen, I used fresh
- 1/2 cup of water
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 teaspoons of sugar
- In a medium saucepan put the blueberries and the water and mix on medium heat
- After about 1-2 minutes add the rest of the ingredients and stir
- Wait for the sauce to thicken and then remove from heat and place over warm pancakes
- The sauce thickens based off of how much flour you add, the more flour you add the thicker the sauce will become
- Be gentle when stirring so you don’t mash all the blueberries
- I added very little sugar so the sauce was tart or a bit bitter but I liked it, add more sugar for a sweeter taste
I hope you try this recipe and enjoy it !