Hey there! I’m back again with another lovely recipe form the Food Network magazine Easy Baking addition. Today’s recipe is titled Jam Shortbread, I hope you try out the recipe and enjoy it as much as I did.
- 1 1/2 cup of all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 stick plus 2 tablespoons of unstilted butter (room temperature)
- 6 tablespoons of fruit preservers (any flavor you want, I picked strawberry)
- Preheat oven to 375 and line an 8 inch square baking dish with foil; make sure to leave a bit of access foil out of the dish so it’s easy to pull out the shortbread
- In a bowl, whisk the flour, sugar and salt then add the butter and mix with hands to make a crumbly dough
- Take two tablespoons of the dough and place it in the refrigerator for topping
- Press remaining dough into the baking dish
- Bake shortbread for 15 minutes
- After 15 minutes take the shortbread out and spread the preserves on top, leaving 1/2 inch border then crumble the refrigerated dough on top
- Place back in oven for 25 minutes or until edges are golden brown
- Let cool for 20 minutes then take the shortbread out and cut into pieces
Once again, I did not create this recipe, I have found it in a Food Network magazine and decided to share it with you lovely readers.
Featured image courtesy of Food Network magazine- Easy Baking.