Hey there! I’m back again with the Food Network Easy Baking magazine. If you missed my last post Easy Baking – Cupcakes then you may be feeling a bit out of the loop. Basically, I’ve decided to share some of the recipes I’ve tried from this magazine called Food Network Easy Baking. I hope you come along for the read and try out these amazing recipes!
Snow- Capped Macaroons
For the Cookies:
2 large egg whites
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup slices almonds, crushed
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
3/4 teaspoon salt
3 cups sweetened shredded coconut
For the Glaze:
6 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
2 tablespoons light corn syrup
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
Coarse sanding sugar for decorating ( I used coconut shreds instead)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper
- Lightly beat egg whites in bowl until they become frothy then stir in granulated sugar, almonds, vanilla and salt then fold in the coconut
- Using a tablespoon to form droplets, drop the droplets onto the parchment paper about 1 inch apart
- Bake 16 to 20 minutes or until the mounds are lightly brown then let cool
- Put chocolate, corn syrup, butter and 3 tablespoons of hot water in a microwave safe bowl and cover with plastic wrap, let melt in microwave for 2 minutes and whisk until smooth
- Dip each of the cooled macaroons halfway then place on clean baking sheet and sprinkle with coarse sugar or as I said I used coconut shreds
I hope you try this recipe and enjoy! Once again, I do not own this recipe, I simply decided to share it with you!
Feature image courtesy of Food Network magazine – Easy Baking.